Cold, fever and flu are very common conditions and people all over the world face these conditions. People of all age group and genders can get affected with cold and fever. When the body temperature is above 99 degrees F, we say that the person is suffering from fever. Fever is a way in which our body indicates that it is fighting with some infection. Many times we ignore common cold and pop some painkillers at home. There are some natural home remedies that we can try to get relief from these common health problems. Here are some important home remedies for cold, fever and flu.
Home Remedies for Fever
- § Raisins: It controls the fever and helps body to fight against the infection. It has antibacterial properties as well as antioxidant properties. Soak around 25 raisins in one cup of water for about an hour. Then grind the raisins and remove their juice. Add few drops of lemon juice to this solution and keep on having it two times a day. This should be taken till the time the fever has not subsided.
- § Apple Cider Vinegar: It has the power to cure the fever fast. It contains acid in it which helps the body to reduce its temperature. It also provides the body the much needed minerals, which it has lost due to fever. Mix one part of apple cider vinegar with two parts of cool water and soak a washcloth in it. Remove the excess water from the cloth and keep it on the forehead and tummy of the person suffering from fever. One glass of warm water mixed with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and few drops of honey can be had twice or thrice in a day to get rid from the fever.
- § Garlic: Taking garlic will make our body sweat out the harmful chemicals outside the body. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties which can give relief from fever and other symptoms. However, pregnant women and kids should not try this home remedy.
Home Remedies for Cold and Flu
- § Chicken Soup: Having a warm bowl of chicken soup has a soothing effect in cases of cold and flu. It gives our body the much needed strength to continue the fight against the viruses that are causing the infection. We can increase the power of this soup by adding pepper powder and red chili powder.
- § Ginger and Garlic: A cup of ginger tea is what we need when we are suffering from cold and flu. It reduces the stiffness and congestion in the throat. It also cures cough to a large extent. Fresh garlic cloves can be chewed to get relief from the symptoms of cold and flu.
- § Lemon Juice: Drinking one glass of warm water with few teaspoons of lemon juice mixed in it is the best remedy for sore throat. It also helps in killing the bacteria and viruses that are present in the throat.
Benefits of Divya Sanjivani Vati
- § It is the best natural treatment for cold and cough.
- § It prevents any kind of respiratory infections.
- § It is also effective in diseases such as gout and arthritis.
- § It gives relief from constipation and flatulence.
- § It improves the functioning of the digestive system.
- § It improves the immunity system of the body.
- § It brings down the body temperature.
- § It prevents skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.